The Best Shoulder Workout Routine For Building Thick Cannon Ball Delts
The shoulders are one of the most noticed body parts. Whether you have your shirt on or off, having well developed shoulders will make you look much broader. Wide shoulders will make your waist look smaller and really help give you that "V-tapered" look to your physique.
In addition to looking good, the shoulders are critical muscles that come into play with all other upper body workouts (i.e. chest, back, arms, etc.). So brining up your shoulder development will also help to improve the muscular development in your other body parts as well.
One of my favourite shoulder exercises for fast muscle gains is the “Seated Shoulder Press Lockout” done in the power rack. This exercise really overloads the shoulders with heavy weights. On average most people will be able to handle at least 50% more weight with shoulder press lockouts then they would with a full range of motion shoulder press.
To do the exercise position a shoulder press bench in the power rack and then set the safety pins of the power rack so that they are a couple inches above your head. Rest a barbell on the safety pins and press the bar right off the pins, from the bottom up (do NOT rack and un-rack the weight like you would with a regular shoulder press).
Shoulder Press Lockouts
Start off light and get used to the exercise and the range of motion. Then pyramid up in weight with each set until you get to a heavy weight that makes you work hard to complete 5 reps. You may want to wear a weight lifting belt on your heavy sets as this will help support and stabilize your mid-section and generally allow you to lift heavier weights when doing overhead presses.
Stick to shoulder press lockouts as your main mass building compound shoulder exercise. Each workout strive to lift at least 5 lbs. more then you did for your previous workout.
After you complete the shoulder press lockouts do the following exercises to complete your shoulder workout. For the exercises below stick to moderate training weights and focus on using perfect form and really feeling the muscles working.
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises:
3 sets of 12 reps.
3 sets of 12 reps.
3 sets of 20 reps (10 to the front and 10 to the back)
Do this shoulder workout once a week for the next 8 weeks and it will help thicken and strengthen your entire shoulder girdle.
If you’d like to learn more about unique exercise variations and ways to speed up your muscle growth then you should get a copy of my Total Fitness Bodybuilding DVD Training System. You’ll learn the best methods for developing each bodypart. Including special strength building exercises that will make your workouts more productive and maximize muscle stimulation.
Here is just a small sample of some of the topics that are covered...
- The 10 most important exercises that you absolutely MUST DO in your routine to get the best muscle gains possible.
- Learn several unique training methods that will stimulate muscular gains quickly with no more effort than you're putting in right now.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to perform all of your exercises with proper technique. Learn the most common errors that people make with each exercise and how to avoid them.
- Discover unorthodox exercises that will build the maximum amount of muscle mass in the minimum amount of time.
- Little-known training techniques that will boost strength and thoroughly stimulate each and every muscle group. You’ve probably been wasting your time and energy on exercises that will never give you the kind of gains you want… and didn’t even know it!
- Catapult your Deadlift poundage almost overnight with a unique Power-Deadlift specialization exercise will add 10% to your max lift in just a few workouts.
- Turbo charge your enthusiasm for working out and totally eliminate staleness and boredom with your workouts.
- A unique weighted abdominal exercise that works the midsection through a full range of motion, chiseling in abdominal definition, and increasing functional strength. This one exercise will boost your lifting performance and make your body more stable in virtually every other exercise you do.
- Discover 2 very powerful exercises that a top powerlifting gym credits for adding 30-40 lbs. of muscle on their lifters in just 1 year!
- Learn a new twist on the basic run of the mill calf exercises that will add inches of solid muscle to your calves. Say good bye to your skinny bird legs forever!
- And much, much more...
Make This The Year That You Get In Your Best Shape Ever
With The Total Fitness Bodybuilding DVD Training System!
Click Here For More Information And To Download A FREE Sample Video Clip...